- Make it your responsibility to decide what matters, and when to get it done—no one else is going to determine or prioritize it for you.
- Don’t keep separate work and personal calendars or priority lists. (Fast Company likes Clear, if you need an app.)
- Frequently take stock of what’s working and what’s not—because it’s always changing. Put that on your calendar.
- Schedule time for small, manageable steps in the areas of their life they’ve identified as important instead of just identifying huge, lofty goals.
- Focus on and celebrate what does get done, not what falls by the wayside—small or partial steps are better than nothing.
[Image: Flickr user Joe Plocki]
Let’s try them and see if they work.